Brighten up a room or prepare early for Christmas with colourful thread lanterns.
DMC Embroidery Threads
Balloons (small size)
1. Inflate your balloon to the desired size.
2. Mix glue, a little bit of water, and cornstarch
3. Dip your threads to the glue mixture.
4. Start wrapping your balloon with the thread in various directions. Make sure you don’t leave big gaps
in between, except for the top part so balloon can be extracted from the inside.
5. Let it dry for atleast 12 hours.
6. Once dry, poke the balloon in various parts so it can separate from the threads easily once you pop
7. Poke or cut the balloon with sharp object to pop and take it out from the hardened shaped threads.
8. Make as many lanterns as you can to décor with lights or hang on the wall.