Obsessed with Japanese culture? Use their thread braiding technique called Kumihimo to create intricately colored bracelets. Mix and match colors using DMC Article 117 Emboridery theads with over 400 colors to choose from.
DMC Embroidery Threads (3 colors)
2 Jumprings, 1 clasp and 2 end clasps
Glue Gun with glue stick
DMC Craft Scissors
How to Begin:
1. Cut your threads at 2 yards each, with 2pcs per color and then fold.
2. Make a knot at the fold. Make sure you have 12 pcs of threads altogether.
3. Insert at the center of your braiding wheel
4. Position your threads: Fix two pieces of Color A and Color B threads on the upper left and right side of the kumihimo disc. Then two pieces of Color C threads on the right and left side, and two pieces of Color A and Color B threads on the lower left and right side of the disc.
5. Start Braiding! – Starting with Color A (lower left set), unclip the left thread and clip to the left part of Color A’s upper set. Now you have 3 threads clipped. Unclip the rightmost thread of Color A, then put it beside the right part of Color A’s lower left set. Move on to Color B upper right set and do the same. Move on to Color C. Repeat this until you reach desired length of bracelet coming out underneath your braiding disc.
6. When you have the right length, release your threads from the disc and make a knot.
7. Snip off both ends.
8. Get your glue gun and secure the knots to the end clasps
9. Get your jumprings and clasp and attach to the ends.