Get your OOTDs ready with this elegant yet casual braided bracelet with DMC Threads! Just need your awesome choices of DMC Thread colors for your silver or gold chain bracelets, simple braiding and you're done!
Brought to you by DMC Weekend Crafternoons
Braided bracelets with DMC
Inspired by: https://oursomethingnew.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/tutorial-braided-chains/
7” Chain Bracelet with jump rings and clasps attached (or depends on what size fits your wrists)
3 colors of DMC threads (4 strands per color, total of 12 threads; 17” each)
How to make it:
1. Choose your 3 colors, cut them into 17” each. You need total of 12 strands.
2. Knot them all together at the top.
3. Tape them together with the chain bracelet at the top into a flat surface.
4. Divide the threads into 2 groups (6 strands per group). Group A and B.
5. Tape one end of each group to make it easier to loop through the chain.
6. To weave the chain, start by pulling B through the first link in the chain. Always thread from underneath the chain.
7. Pull B all the way through the first loop. Try to keep things as tight as possible as you weave it.
8. Put A over B.
9. Pull A through the second loop. Remember to always thread from underneath the chain, so that all your weaving will go in the same direction. Then braid B over A and repeat steps 5-8 until you reach the end of your chain. Try to keep your braid as tight as possible.
10. When you reach the end of the chain, tie another tight knot at the top with all of your embroidery strands. For a more finished look, you can cut the extra thread off of the knots.