Gauge: Knitted stockinette stitch on a 4mm/US6 needle to get 26 sts = 4”
Yarn: DMC Woolly Yarn, 100% Wool (±125m/136y). : Get your yarns here
- Color A - # 121, 2 balls
- Color B - # 084, 3 balls
- Size 6 (4mm) Circular Needle
- Stitch Marker (m)
- Tapestry Needle
ROUND 1 - 8: Stockinette stitch
ROUND 9: *K2TOG, YO*, repeat from * to * around
The pattern is divisible by 4.
ROUND 1: Knit 1, purl 1
ROUND 2: Knit 1, purl 1
ROUND 3: Purl 1, knit 3
ROUND 4: Purl 1, knit 3
ROUND 5: Knit 1, purl 1
ROUND 6: Knit 1, purl 1
ROUND 7: Knit 2, purl 1, knit 1
ROUND 8: Knit 2, purl 1, knit 1
How to start doing the Cowl:
The cowl is worked in the round on circular needle.
Cast on 192 stitches with circular needle size 4mm/US 6 and Color A. Place marker and join in the round. Work in stockinette stitch for 8 rounds.Next Rnd *k2tog, yo* around the entire row. Afterwards work the stockinette stitch again for 8 rows. Fold the piece with both of the stockinette wrong sides together. Pick up the cast on stitch with the tip of you needle, and then knit both the cast on stitch and your current stitch together. Continue with this process around the entire row. Work the seersucker pattern for 2 rounds. Break yarn, leave enough yarn for grafting.
With Color B, work the seersucker pattern for 9 rounds. Break working yarn leaving enough tail for grafting.
With Color A, work the seersucker pattern for 2 rounds. Work in stockinette stitch for 8 rounds.
Next Rnd *k2tog, yo* around the entire row.
K2TOG – Knit 2 together
YO – Yarn Over
Work the stockinette stitch again for 8 rows.
For the three needle bind off:
- Get another circular needle size 4mm and pick up all the stitches from the first row of stockinette.
2. Fold the piece with both of the stockinette wrong sides together.
3. With a third needle knit both the front and back stitch together
4. Repeat the last process again
5. Now that you have two stitches on your right needle pass the first stitch over the second stitch.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 5 until your all done.
Break yarn and with your tapestry needle pull it through the remaining stitches. Fasten off.